Business Activity Statement (BAS) Agents on the Gold Coast
A Business Activity Statement (BAS) is a form that most businesses must submit to the ATO either monthly or quarterly. It helps businesses to report on and pay GST (if registered) as well as other taxes such as Pay as You Go (PAYG) and Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT). It sounds simple enough, but it’s easy for your BAS to get out of control if you leave it for too long!
A qualified tax professional like QC Accountants can help automate the BAS process and minimise the time you spend on this admin-heavy task.
If you’re a sole trader or a small business, you might have already been preparing your business activity statements yourself. Yet, as your business grows, so, too, will the complexity of your regular business BAS reports. Incorrect BAS lodgements can be a headache and can result in penalties from the ATO down the track.
There are several benefits to having a BAS agent to assist with your business activity statements, such as:
- Maximise your return. A qualified BAS agent will ensure that you’re accounting for all the necessary business purchases within your BAS.
- Have peace of mind. It’s reassuring to know that your BAS will be lodged on time, every time.
- Minimising penalties or late payment fees. We’ll keep you on track and ensure you don’t miss your lodgement dates.
We work closely with our clients and focus on offering a seamless customer experience for your BAS, to make it as easy as possible for you. Our automated systems will prompt you to deliver your sales, expenses and other financial records so we can lodge your business activity statements on time, every time.
Alongside our BAS accounting services, we also offer integrated services, such as:
- Software Implementation. We’ll implement unique software solutions such as sales tracking software and record-keeping platforms that make BAS lodgement super simple.
- IAS Lodgement. An Instalment Activity Statement, or IAS, is very similar to BAS but applies to business owners or sole traders who are not registered for GST.
- Bookkeeping Services. Some of our clients engage us at tax time, but our bookkeeping clients benefit from ongoing support.
- Tax Returns. If you’re a sole trader or business owner, it’s much easier to compile your tax return if we already completed your BAS.
Our business activity statement services are designed to be tailored to suit your specific business needs and integrate with other complementary services.
Discover more of our business accounting services here.
Spending hours preparing and lodging your business activity statements (BAS)? QC Accountants can help. Our team of experienced BAS specialists will ensure your business’ obligations are met accurately and on time, so you have more time to focus on growing your business. We provide end-to-end management of all aspects related to the lodgement of your BAS, including:
• Preparing and submitting Activity Statements
• Collating the required information from your bookkeeper
• Reconciling GST and PAYG Instalment accounts
• Explaining any adjustments made on Activity Statements
• Liaising with the Australian Taxation Office (ATO)
In addition to taking care of all your BAS-related obligations, we can also provide advice on how you can potentially reduce your tax liabilities by taking advantage of certain options available under the taxation laws. Contact us today to find out how we can help you with your BAS needs. We look forward to hearing from you!
Ready to kick-start your business?
With the help of other integrated services and structured processes and software, we’ll automate your admin-heavy BAS accounting duties and take them off your hands! Book an obligation-free consultation here.